Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Man Quilt - Finished!

The quilt is finished - all except the label.  The label will be hand lettered in the bottom left corner of the quilt, in the light grey square there.  No applique required.  I will 'make' the label tomorrow night when I deliver the quilt and find out what the consignor wants to call it.  So far, the only name I have for it, the working title, is just The Man Quilt.  She might want to name it after the recipient, so have her own ideas on a name.  We shall see.  Here it is - photos taken on a real design wall, so the quilt is hung properly for these photos.


I tried to keep the quilting very modern, graphic, and masculine, so while I did quilt around the appliques, the rest is just jagged spikes, with some sitd too.

I hope he likes it!  I had a ball making it... and I'm SO glad it will be delivered on time.  I DO have a problem with procrastination.

I posted this quilt at sew bittersweet designs in their 'March finishes' section, since this is my March finish.

Now I have to finish my challenge quilt for my guild which is in the embellishment stage.  Needs to be done by the second week in April, so I have a little more time, but that will be my April UFO to finish up.

5 comments:

  1. Love the colors in this quilt! Thanks for entering my iveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and the design, manly but could totally work for so many women too! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt! Did you design it or did you use a pattern/tutuorial? Would you be willing to share which one if you used a pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you tell me what size the finished squares are? Also the overall size of this quilt? I am about to start cutting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool quilt! Can you communicate with us? What size are the individual squares and the whole quilt size?

    ReplyDelete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...